Glass can be divided into several types. Detailed introduction of glass types and product characteristics
There are many kinds of glass on the market now. I don't know if the types of glass introduced in this paper are complete. If there are any omissions, please forgive me.
(1) Ordinary glass (Na2SiO 3, CaSiO 3, SiO 2 or Na2O. CaO. 6SiO 2).
(2) Quartz glass (glass made with pure quartz as the main raw material, the composition is only SiO 2).
(3) Toughened glass (same composition as ordinary glass).
(4) Potassium glass (K2O, CaO, SiO 2).
(5) Borate glass (SiO 2, B2O 3).
(6) Some metal oxides are added to the non-ferrous glass (ordinary glass manufacturing process). Cu2O-red; CuO-blue-green; CdO-light yellow; Co2O3-blue; Ni2O3-dark green; MnO2-blue-purple; colloidal Au-red; colloidal Ag-yellow).
(7) discolored glass (advanced coloured glass with rare earth oxide as colouring agent).
(8) Optical glass (adding a small amount of light-sensitive materials, such as AgCl, AgBr, etc., to ordinary borosilicate glass raw materials, and adding a very small amount of sensitizers, such as CuO, to make the glass more sensitive to light).
(9) Rainbow glass (made by adding a large amount of fluoride, a small amount of sensitizer and bromide to ordinary glass raw materials).
(10) Protective glass (adding appropriate auxiliary materials in ordinary glass manufacturing process to prevent strong light, heat or radiation penetration and protect personal safety. For example, gray-dichromate, iron oxide absorbs ultraviolet and partial visible light; blue-green-nickel oxide, ferrous oxide absorbs infrared and partial visible light; lead glass-lead oxide absorbs X-ray and r-ray; dark blue-dichromate, ferrous oxide absorbs ultraviolet, infrared and most visible light; cadmium oxide and boron oxide absorb neutron current.